Trouble with Printing Custom Fields on Packaging Slip?
Based on queries and feedback from several clients we realized there can be an issue with printing custom fields on packaging slips.
In order to help all NetSuite clients that face this issue and ensure this becomes a non-issue moving forward, we are sharing how to resolve it with our latest NetSuite Tip.
Scenario: When Printing Packing Slips, user is unable to print the value in one of the custom field(s).
Custom Fields on Basic PDF Layout does not print the values on Packing Slip.
For this example, we have the Phone # and the Ship Via as custom fields.
Please refer to the image below of an actual Packaging Slip:
Actual Basic PDF Template:
Upaya’s Tip to Resolve this Issue:
- Navigate to Customization tab > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields
- Look for the custom field in question > Edit > Applies To tab > Notice that the custom field in question was not applied to Sale
- Set Sale = T
- Then click Save & Apply to Forms
- Apply this custom field on the desired form(s) > look for the Packing slip > Print = T
- Go back to Transactions > Management > Print Checks and Forms > Packing Slips and Return Forms
- Search for the Packing Slip > Mark Print = T > then click the Print button
Actual Result: Print the Packing Slip > values should now appear on the custom field(s).
We hope this resolution will be helpful and please feel free to reach out to us with other issues that you would want us to send out as NetSuite Tips & Tricks.
Feel free to contact us for any further questions or clarifications at:
Wishing you continued success!!!
Till next time,